Amazing things happen every day in the Tri-Cities. There is so much that goes on here, and, as seems to be a common issue with many communities, finding out about all of the awesome things that are going on can be a bit of a challenge.
Here are some current and upcoming things/groups that are happening in the Tri-Cities that you can become an active part of and/or benefit from. Awesome things brought to you by awesome people who make the Tri-Cities a spectacularly cool place to live and work.
September 20-22: Tri-Cities Startup Weekend! The first one! Experienced judges and coaches, lots of good advice, good hands-on experience, a weekend of food and chance to meet new people and expand your community circle await you.
Weekly mentoring meetups that are designed to help you! And they are free! If you have questions or would like to experience some positive mentoring, I really encourage you to take the opportunity to utilize the time offered by local people:
There are many communities you can join in the Tri-Cities. Hint: Meetup.com is just full of opportunities to connect and engage with others. Here are just a few of the current available options:
- The Collaborative/TCco Meetup: A group focused on graphic design and the creative process, brining peers together in conversation and community. Creative types in entrepreneurship, web design, graphic design, marketing and writing are welcome.
- Room to Think: A community-driven group rebranded recently as the spectacular Tri-Cities coworking roadshow. Great coworking meetups, Room to Game, Tuestorials and more!
- <!doctype society>: This group exists to intentionally grow in size, connections, quality and people of our local web design and development community to foster great friendships, see new enterprises take root and grow, and ultimately make the Tri-Cities a better place.
- WeCreate: A community-edited guide to the awesome creative and technology community of Tri-Cities, WA.
For some relaxation and fun, the following resources can be of value to you:
- Tri-Cities Visitor & Convention Bureau: tourism, golf, wine and local events info
- Waddido: the Tri-Cities social concierge. Lots of good stuff on their event calendar.
- TiCitia: A mix of a little bit of everything. A local online events calendar.
Happy exploring, experiencing, meeting and becoming!
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.